La Viet coffee shop and farm in Da Lat. One of the rare industrial styled coffee shop in Da Lat, Vietnam. During your trip to Da Lat, you will be impressed by the generously spacious ambiance with self-grown coffee beans. The story of the coffee is made right in Da Lat and was brand named as Là Việt Coffee, which is entitled as the coffee shop name. you will definitely appreciate the origin of the coffee, even you are not a coffee drinker. Join La Viet coffee and make your own original coffee
Da Lat Coffee farm and La Viet coffee shop (Meal: Lunch)
In the morning:
08:00: Pick up from your Hotel and go to work at the coffee farm.
- Receive working tools: basket, gloves, boots and a hat.
- Introduction to different coffee varietals, coffee tree identification, planting, caring and harvesting coffee.
- Hand pick coffee cherries (coffee cherries ripen from September to February). Only pick ripe cherries and not green ones. Picking time: 1 hour. Weigh and check the quality of the cherries after finishing.
- Introduction to wet processing.
- Wash, remove floaters, pulp and ferment coffee.
12:00 Learning how to prepare special Vietnamese baguette and having lunch.
In the afternoon:
13:30: Visit the coffee facilities, introduction to secondary/dry process and processing machines. Enter the roasting room, understand the roaster, roasting profile and roasting technique.
Working in the coffee lab:
- Identify green beans.
- Analyze coffee defects.
- Sort out the defects (350 gram per person, 15 minutes to complete).
- Understand the guidelines of coffee roasting and learn how to control a sample roaster.
- Roast coffee (200 gram/1 batch per person).
- Explain and practice cupping coffee.
- Introduction to brewers and brewing methods.
- Choose a brewer and brew your coffee.
- Enjoy the coffee.
16:30 : pack your coffee and finish the day. Transfer back to your hotel in Da Lat city